So, you're moving or have to go out of town and you need to take your kitty along with you on this adventure as well.
Unlike dogs, cats don't like to travel at all so, it can be a daunting task in itself. Add the stress of travelling with the entire family and you'll be on a path to a mental breakdown.
In this blog post, I'd like to go through a few tips that'll help you travel with your kitty.
Following are a few tips that'll help make your travels with your kitty a little less stressful:
- Never let your cat roam freely inside your cat as it can be dangerous (What if your cat jumps up on the steering!) Instead, invest in a good and comfortable carrier for the kitty.
- Take a lot of breaks. And even more bathroom breaks when you feel that it is necessary. I advise you to dive your cat a drink of water regularly during these breaks as well.
- Since your cat would be spending a good amount of time in your car, make sure you introduce the kitty to the vehicle well in advance to desensitise your cat and make the car look and feel less intimidating. You can also take your kitty for a short ride!
- Familiar items and scents can help relax a nervous kitty. So, bring along your kitty's favourite toys and blankets to calm the nerves.
- This is an obvious one but, sometime, we tend to overlook the obvious. Do not forget to bring along your cat's food, medicines, litter box, etc.
Do you think I missed something? Let me know in the comments section.
Got any tips for fellow cat owner? Share them with us in the comments section!!